I wrote a guest blog on The Travel Agent, Inc’s website regarding the nominations for Virtuoso’s best hotels in the world. I will be finding out the winners at the gala dinner on Wednesday, August 14th in Las Vegas. My dinner host will be the Clift Hotel in San Francisco.
These hotels are definitely worth checking out!
Hotel of the Year
• Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea – Maui, Hawaii, United States
• Gritti Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel – Venice, Italy
• Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong – Hong Kong, China
• Montage Laguna Beach – Laguna Beach, California, United States
• The Peninsula Shanghai – Shanghai, China
The Hotel of the Year award recognizes a hotel that continually epitomizes excellence in the categories of design, ambience, service, food and beverage, spa, family programs, innovation and social responsibility.
One to Watch
• J.K. Place Roma – Rome, Italy
• Ritz Paris – Paris, France
• Rosewood London – London, England
• The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort – Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
• Shangri-La Bosphorus, Istanbul – Istanbul, Turkey
The One to Watch award recognizes an exciting new property that elevates the hospitality experience, either in an emerging destination or an established tourism market.
Most Innovative Guest Experience
• Anantara Elephant Camp and Resort – Chiang Saen, Thailand
• Banjaar Tola by Taj Safaris – Kanha National Park, Madhya Pradesh, India
• Hotel Cipriani by Orient-Express – Venice, Italy
• The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii – Kohala Coast, Hawaii, United States
• InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa – Moorea, French Polynesia
The Most Innovative Guest Experience award recognizes a hotel that continually raises the bar by featuring clever and meaningful guest experiences that move the industry forward.
Best Achievement in Design
• Alpina Gstaad – Gstaad, Switzerland
• Dorado Beach, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve – Dorado, Puerto Rico
• Four Seasons Hotel Toronto – Toronto, Canada
• Hotel Maria Cristina, A Luxury Collection Hotel – San Sebastian, Spain
• Mashpi Lodge – Mashpi Rainforest Biodiversity Reserve, Ecuador
Recognizes the significance of outstanding architecture and design of a hotel or component therein, whether in new construction, renovation or historic restoration.
Best Culinary Experience
• Amber, Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong – Hong Kong, China
• La Pergola, Rome Cavalieri Hotel, A Waldorf-Astoria Resort – Rome, Italy
• Restaurant 1621, Sofitel Santa Clara – Cartagena, Colombia
• Rivea, Hotel Byblos Saint Tropez – Saint-Tropez, France
• La Scène, Prince de Galles, A Luxury Collection Hotel – Paris, France
The Best Culinary Experience award recognizes the hotel restaurant that offers exemplary food, service, ambience, wine list and even views.
• The Armani, Bamboo Bar, Armani Hotel Milano – Milan, Italy
• The Bar, Park Hyatt Sydney – Sydney, Australia
• Bar Centro by José Andrés, SLS Hotel South Beach – Miami, Florida, United States
• Ozone Bar, The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong – Hong Kong, China
• Tunes Bar, The Conservatorium Hotel – Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The Best Bar award recognizes the hotel bar that offers a lively, convivial and entertaining social meeting spot where innovative drinks and an enticing atmosphere create a “must see and be seen” buzz.
Best Family Program
• Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach – Sunny Isles, Florida, United States
• Evason Ana Mandara at Nha Trang – Nha Trang, Vietnam
• Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora – Bora Bora, French Polynesia
• The Gleneagles Hotel – Auchterarder, Perthshire, Scotland
• The Resort at Pelican Hill – Newport Coast, California, United States
The Best Family Program award recognizes the family friendly environment, this award acknowledges special programs and activities for children of all ages, from creative activities to educational endeavors and active adventures.
• Hypnôze Spa, Palacio Nazarenas by Orient-Express – Cuzco, Peru
• Miraj Hammam by Caudalie Paris, Shangri-La Hotel Toronto – Toronto, Canada
• Opium Spa, The Siam – Bangkok, Thailand
• Regent Spa, Regent Palms Turks & Caicos – Providenciales, Turks & Caicos
• Spa Mukul, Mukul Beach, Golf & Spa – Tola, Nicaragua
The Best Spa award recognizes the hotel spa that offers the most alluring environment for rest and rejuvenation, creative and therapeutic treatments, and highly skilled and knowledgeable therapists.
Hotelier of the Year
• Omer Acar, Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Paris, Paris, France
• Antonio Alvarez, Palacio Duhau-Park Hyatt Buenos Aires – Argentina
• François Delahaye, Hôtel Plaza Athénée, Dorchester Collection – Paris, France
• Elisabeth Gürtler, Hotel Sacher Wien & Hotel Sacher Salzburg – Austria
- Marco Selva, St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort – Bal Harbour, Florida, United States
The Hotelier of the Year award honors an experienced hotel manager with an unrelenting passion for the industry, an astute appreciation for detail and a keen sense of how to lead and manage a dynamic team of professionals.
Follow me on Twitter to find real-time results and for my experiences at Virtuoso Week at the Bellagio.
You can read the full blog post at The Travel Agent, Inc. here.